Approved Log My journey to a better life

Now I understand the smart watch body composition is not overly accurate but has helped my keep an eye on what progress I have been making

My earliest record was march this year (2024) I weighted in at 110kg - 31.5% bf and 40.6kg muscle mass

Today with the Dexa scan
Weighted in at 98.3kg
Height 183.1cm
BF 13.8%
Muscle mass 82.7kgb

Screenshot_20241024_111422_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
Screenshot_20241024_131912_Samsung Health.jpg

Dexa scan gives you a much clearer picture than a smartwatch. Just keep in mind, the increase in muscle mass may reflect lean mass overall, not just muscle itself, but you're definitely heading in the right direction.

Dexa scan gives you a much clearer picture than a smartwatch. Just keep in mind, the increase in muscle mass may reflect lean mass overall, not just muscle itself, but you're definitely heading in the right direction.
This is why I had booked a dexa scan, just wish I had one done before I started training.

If lean mass isn't fat or bone and your saying it's not muscle itself
Then what is it? Not much else left for it to be?

This is why I had booked a dexa scan, just wish I had one done before I started training.

If lean mass isn't fat or bone and your saying it's not muscle itself
Then what is it? Not much else left for it to be?
Lean mass includes everything in your body except fat. That means muscles, but also things like organs, skin, and water. When you're thinking gains, it's mostly about muscle, but lean mass covers all the non-fat stuff in your body.

Made a cold soda noodle seafood plate for dinner tonight
200g prawns
140g skinless salmon
90g soba noodles
Cucumber
Tomato
Red onion
Edaname beans

Attachments

• 20241025_183753.jpg
    20241025_183753.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20241025_183750.jpg
    20241025_183750.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Lean mass includes everything in your body except fat. That means muscles, but also things like organs, skin, and water. When you're thinking gains, it's mostly about muscle, but lean mass covers all the non-fat stuff in your body.
On that note, besides water all of these would have been already counted for in first numbers? My skin weight isn't going to increase by overly much, organs are not going to excessively gain weight are they?

On that note, besides water all of these would have been already counted for in first numbers? My skin weight isn't going to increase by overly much, organs are not going to excessively gain weight are they?
You're right those don't change much at all. The rise mostly reflects your muscle gains alongside any water fluctuations. You're doing really well, no doubt about that.

You're right those don't change much at all. The rise mostly reflects your muscle gains alongside any water fluctuations. You're doing really well, no doubt about that.
Don't really mind how much my muscles weight is just like to look like I went to the gym in my cloths ha ha 😅

Back