Approved Log My $5k competition log- huxy

hey been off training for 2 weeks now due to work now i have pinched nerve right hand side of arm waiting to get mri so i can the cortisone injection so not training much which is a bummer

Breakfast:

250 grams egg whites
White Rice 125grams
protein shake

Lunch:
185grams Tuna
200grams Protein Pasta

Dinner
200grams Scotch Fillet
salad

training legs

leg curl
1-39kg 12 reps
calf raises 40k 20reps
2-39kg 12 reps
calf raises 40k 20 reps
3-46kg 12 reps
calf raises 40kg 20 reps
4-46kg 12 reps
calf raises 40kg 20 reps
5- 46kg 12 reps
calf raises 40kg 20 reps

leg extensions
1-47kg 12 reps
2-54kg 12 reps
3-68kg 12 reps
4-82kg 12 reps
5-96kg 12 reps

kettle bell squats
1- 20kg 12 reps
2-24kg 12 reps
3-28kg 10 reps
4-30kg 8 reps

4 sets of 15 reps ab curl machine

hey been off training for 2 weeks now due to work now i have pinched nerve right hand side of arm waiting to get mri so i can the cortisone injection so not training much which is a bummer
I’ve noticed a lot of members dealing with injuries lately. Sorry to hear you're going through it brother. Wish you a quick and smooth recovery.

Breakfast:

250 grams egg whites
White Rice 125grams
protein shake

Lunch:
185grams Tuna
200grams Protein Pasta

Dinner
200grams Scotch Fillet
salad

training legs

leg curl
1-39kg 12 reps
calf raises 40k 20reps
2-39kg 12 reps
calf raises 40k 20 reps
3-46kg 12 reps
calf raises 40kg 20 reps
4-46kg 12 reps
calf raises 40kg 20 reps
5- 46kg 12 reps
calf raises 40kg 20 reps

leg extensions
1-47kg 12 reps
2-54kg 12 reps
3-68kg 12 reps
4-82kg 12 reps
5-96kg 12 reps

kettle bell squats
1- 20kg 12 reps
2-24kg 12 reps
3-28kg 10 reps
4-30kg 8 reps

4 sets of 15 reps ab curl machine
How good is a steak after training ……..

Injuries are heart breaking. Especially when your on a roll. You need rest but still go in and try to smash a session.
I know its easier said then done but
worry about what you can do rather then what you can't.

Yes very true, we all get injuries, we find ways to work around them, my issue is mainly shoulders, problems persists for about 30 years now, have not trained shoulders directly for over ten years, they benefit as secondary and tertiary exercises

I no longer bench because I've ****ed and semi healed my shoulder tendoms 3 times before finally realised that benching 6 plates with Big Mick only spotting me was insanity in it self.for 1rep ain't ever going to happen again. Even less 140kg then then 80kg before it finally snapped in my head that even though benching is awesome there comes a time when you just realise what's really important still able to train or just keep wishing.
At the end of the comp I'll reveal how severe my hernias are probably post op I'll retire from deadlifts.

NO **** THAT!

I have not done bench press for about five years, I rely on dips, most important is not to cause to much of a stretch when lowering the weight, this is also scientifically proven that extra stretch adds no extra benefits and is asking for trouble, if only I knew this like 20 years ago

I don't include barbell bench press, deadlifts, and squats in my workout programs for a specific reason. As a novice lifter over 40, I focus on using other exercises to replace those 'big lifts'. Additionally, I prioritise deloading regularly, and my rate of perceived exertion (RPE) increases over a 4-week mesocycle and then decreases with a new mesocycle.

I don't include barbell bench press, deadlifts, and squats in my workout programs for a specific reason. As a novice lifter over 40, I focus on using other exercises to replace those 'big lifts'. Additionally, I prioritise deloading regularly, and my rate of perceived exertion (RPE) increases over a 4-week mesocycle and then decreases with a new mesocycle.
I've had to stop squats, deadlifts and overhear shoulder presses...

I no longer bench because I've ****ed and semi healed my shoulder tendoms 3 times before finally realised that benching 6 plates with Big Mick only spotting me was insanity in it self.for 1rep ain't ever going to happen again. Even less 140kg then then 80kg before it finally snapped in my head that even though benching is awesome there comes a time when you just realise what's really important still able to train or just keep wishing.
At the end of the comp I'll reveal how severe my hernias are probably post op I'll retire from deadlifts.

NO **** THAT!
I refuse to bench any more than 100 kg

Gentleman listen when you guys bench or do dumbbell presses etc there is no need to drop the weight all the way down in order to get that extra stretch, it does not Benefit anything all it does is it causes strain on the shoulder tendons leading to a condition called bursitis which is inflammation of the one nerve in particular this because it's the shortest nerve in the shoulder, this condition becomes chronic and it's a total B..ch to say the least,

still not training much due to pinched nerve on the right arm but todat did some light weights

bench press flat
60kg 4 sets of 8

incline bench
50kg 4 sets of 7

cable flys
15kg 4 sets of 10

push ups 4 sets of 20

bicep curls 15kg dumbells 4 sets of 8

straight bar curl 15kg 4 sets of 8

hammers 12.5kg 4 sets of 7

breakfast
porridge w/almond milk honey and 1 banana
protein shake

lunch
tuna pasta salad
250 ml coke zero

dinner

home made beef soft shel taccos had 6 with coke zero
and chocolate brownie for energy lol :)

Gentleman listen when you guys bench or do dumbbell presses etc there is no need to drop the weight all the way down in order to get that extra stretch, it does not Benefit anything all it does is it causes strain on the shoulder tendons leading to a condition called bursitis which is inflammation of the one nerve in particular this because it's the shortest nerve in the shoulder, this condition becomes chronic and it's a total B..ch to say the least,
man im totally with you on that has happened to me a few times caused me some pain

still not training getting my c6 periradicular injection the coming wednesday hopefully after a week i can train again im just so angry in the middle of my cycle when im suppose to be peaking injure my self what a waste of a cycle :(

breakfast
halloumi egg tomato lettuce and turkey bacon roll with almond flat white

lunch
will have 2 tins of tuna with brown rice and avo
250ml coke zero

diner
Lamb roast with veggies and pasta salad

still not training getting my c6 periradicular injection the coming wednesday hopefully after a week i can train again im just so angry in the middle of my cycle when im suppose to be peaking injure my self what a waste of a cycle :(

breakfast

lunch
250ml coke zero

diner
I'm really sorry to hear that your injury is still giving you trouble. I truly hope the injection this week brings you some much-needed relief. If it helps, consider adding in some peptides BPC157 and TB500 to support your healing and recovery. Take care of yourself!

breakfast

lunch
250ml coke zero

diner
I've had similar situations in the past so I know exactly how you feel. You can always train your legs and keep the cardio going.

Back