Questions about Anavar

Hazy1966

Registered
Currently ongoing TRT pins test e 250mg 2 x per week.

Never used anything before and really want to try a first up cycle.

After a fair bit of research, I was thinking about oral Anavar but want a few opinions first.

I am 58 years old
186cm
75kg
15% bodyfat

Some questions.

Does bodyweight come into consideration when dosing, would a 100kg person need more than a 75kg person?

Should I taper dosing at the start and end of the cycle?

Is a 6 to 8 week cycle of say 20mg 2 x per day (40mg day total) reasonable?

Is PCT totally necessary? If so, I was thinking clomid, but not sure when to start this, dosing, and for how long.

Cheers guys, and thank you (as always) for chatting with a curious newbie.

Let me try to answer your questions...

Does bodyweight come into consideration when dosing, would a 100kg person need more than a 75kg person?
It's actually not solely the body weight... it's muscle mass, body fat, individual experience with the compound and personal tolerance levels. These all play a role to determine the dosage... and there are alot of mixed opinions out there but it's always best to approach dosages with caution when your a first time user.

Not really necessary for people who have cycled with anavar before (it has a short half-life).... because it's your first time just begin with a lower dose for your first week, 10mg twice a day and then double up to 20mg twice a day for the remaining weeks. You won't need to taper down at the end just come off it completely.

Correct... 6-8 weeks, you would't take orals longer than that.... and as it's your first time, I think 40mg is a good starting point.

Is PCT totally necessary? If so, I was thinking clomid, but not sure when to start this, dosing, and for how long.
When your on TRT, you don't need any PCT.

Just a side note, take Milk thistle 2 weeks before you start and the duration of the cycle... and take it for another 4 weeks after. 👍

Let me try to answer your questions...

It's actually not solely the body weight... it's muscle mass, body fat, individual experience with the compound and personal tolerance levels. These all play a role to determine the dosage... and there are alot of mixed opinions out there but it's always best to approach dosages with caution when your a first time user.

Not really necessary for people who have cycled with anavar before (it has a short half-life).... because it's your first time just begin with a lower dose for your first week, 10mg twice a day and then double up to 20mg twice a day for the remaining weeks. You won't need to taper down at the end just come off it completely.

Correct... 6-8 weeks, you would't take orals longer than that.... and as it's your first time, I think 40mg is a good starting point.

When your on TRT, you don't need any PCT.

Just a side note, take Milk thistle 2 weeks before you start and the duration of the cycle... and take it for another 4 weeks after. 👍
Thank you so much musclemaniac.

Succinct info with no BS. Really appreciated

Cheers

Anavar is great @Hazy1966 and its one of the mildest orals. Most take it at the tail end of their cycle.
After many hours of research I like the sound of anavar trying very hard to eliminate confirmation bias as I am completely new to this.

Really came down to clenbuterol or anavar as a first up experiment.

My research now is trying to figure out calories / macros and meal timing whilst on anavar.

Ideally I'd like to maintain current weight (maybe put on a couple kilos lean weight, but drop the fat.

Cheers.

From what I've read in the past and also personal experience... when on any cycle (including var) I do time my meals. I take in carbs and protein a few hours before training and then again a few hours after training, I've always done that. But I also make sure that I spread my protein intake throughout my meals across the entire day. Overall dietary habits like calorie intake, macros are all important and there's apps out there that you can get to track and help you with this.

There is so much info and opinions out there lol... it does get overwhelming. Best advice keep it simple.

Just a side note: When I do take Anavar I actually don't go on a calorie deficit I keep on my maintenance calories. I've tried doing both and maintenance calories work best for me... but that's me and this might not work for you. It's really trial and error.

Last edited:
That is going to be my first up eating plan.......roughly maintenance calories hoping for a positive recomp.

For me at 75kg it's in the vicinity of

180g protein
180g carbs
75g fat

I'm very good at macros management and my 6 x days per week PPL weight training schedule so I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Back