Weight gain during period!!

storm

Registered
Hey Ladies, I'm just curious if you go through the same thing.

I've been losing weight for the past few months. However, I think I've regained weight due to bloating and overfilled bra cups. I think it's PMS weight gain... what do you ladies normally do to combat PMS water retention, bloat, and weight gain?

I hear you, I gain about 1.5 kg if I don't pay attention to my eating habits, no need to mention I crave all the forbidden stuff in that time... Try to drink teas to release the excess water and try to resist sugars & chips but more protein and veggies, more exercise pays off too. While I stick to that, I have no problems with weight gaining etc. but it is hard lol.

You're right...for me, on a good month, I only gain about 1kg or slightly less... when it's bad it goes up to 1.5 to 2kgs...ugh!!! My highest record PMS weight gain was 2.5kgs, but lost it all after the 4th day.

I honestly think it comes down to what we eat as well LOL

Most women will gain subcutaneous water to some degree during that time of the month, so, if you want it off, do it safely. So don't let the numbers on the scale make you nutty.

A good natural diuretic is dandelion tea. You have to be careful that you're also drinking enough water, and not taking in too much sodium, and its not recommended 3-4 days at a time. Recommended for bloating is 80 to 120mls, 4 cups a day.

This was apart of what I used when I competed in physique competitions, it would flush 5 to 6kgs off of me in a couple of days time, and I obviously drank way more than what would be used for regular bloating.

Also, because I was doing it for competition I had to be extra careful to not extend that type of water loss for an extended period of time (its not healthy)

Hey Ladies, I'm just curious if you go through the same thing.

I've been losing weight for the past few months. However, I think I've regained weight due to bloating and overfilled bra cups. I think it's PMS weight gain... what do you ladies normally do to combat PMS water retention, bloat, and weight gain?
A bit late to the convo, but I would say that it's mostly just water weight probably, it will fall right off when your period is over. Most women experience this (and to be perfectly honest, most of the gained weight is probably in your breasts). You can take over-the-counter medication that contains a diuretic to help with the swelling as well as something for cramps. In the meantime, limit your salt intake and watch the sugary foods. I consume a lot of these when I'm on my period and they make me gain weight like crazy. It's better to have eat a high-fat food than a high-sugar food if those are your only options. The sugar will make you bloat more. Also, drink extra water (counter-intuitive, but trust me it will help). Things like black coffee or another caffeine-containing drink without much sugar will also help you lose the excess water.

Congrats on your weight loss and good luck! Try not to let this bother you too much; it happens to everyone and most likely no one has noticed but you.

A bit late to the convo, but I would say that it's mostly just water weight probably, it will fall right off when your period is over. Most women experience this (and to be perfectly honest, most of the gained weight is probably in your breasts). You can take over-the-counter medication that contains a diuretic to help with the swelling as well as something for cramps. In the meantime, limit your salt intake and watch the sugary foods. I consume a lot of these when I'm on my period and they make me gain weight like crazy. It's better to have eat a high-fat food than a high-sugar food if those are your only options. The sugar will make you bloat more. Also, drink extra water (counter-intuitive, but trust me it will help). Things like black coffee or another caffeine-containing drink without much sugar will also help you lose the excess water.

Congrats on your weight loss and good luck! Try not to let this bother you too much; it happens to everyone and most likely no one has noticed but you.
I go through the same thing and honestly it's water retention.

Back