Anxiety/depression meds

bigglop

Registered
Lads, ladies.
37 male.
I cycled through my late 20's and 30's.
I havnt run anything in over a year. (I'm hoping to conceive and I want my swimmers to be in optimal health.)
I've been getting some pretty bad depression and anxiety lately. This could very well be low test symptoms, I'm getting some bloods done this week.

I've been prescribed anti anxiety meds.

Has anyone had any expierence with SSRI meds? Or if its able to be run whilst cycling or on trt?
Warm regards.

Since you plan on breeding check with endocrinologist before starting trt (Test was researched as a male pill)
SSRI and trt can be ok -but hopefully you won’t need both

Since you plan on breeding check with endocrinologist before starting trt (Test was researched as a male pill)
SSRI and trt can be ok -but hopefully you won’t need both
Thankyou. Ill know more when I get recent bloodwork. I dont want to have to start trt until after we conceive, but if i do, ill have a fertility protocol in place. (Frozen sperm, hmg, hcg, whatever it takes)

Low test can cause depression and anxiety, so getting bloods done is a smart move. SSRIs can usually be taken while on cycle or TRT, but it's best to talk to your doctor to get the balance right. Be transparent with your doctor about your cycling or TRT plans, and especially about your goal of preserving fertility. You want to make sure everything is balanced correctly. Best of luck!

Low test can cause depression and anxiety, so getting bloods done is a smart move. SSRIs can usually be taken while on cycle or TRT, but it's best to talk to your doctor to get the balance right. Be transparent with your doctor about your cycling or TRT plans, and especially about your goal of preserving fertility. You want to make sure everything is balanced correctly. Best of luck!
Very very true re talking to doctor. I have had personal experience with lexapro but these kind of decisions re medication should not be made lightly and especially purely off anecdote.

Yes, I tried SSRI's years ago but they affected my junk. I couldn't cum! They even have a term for it. "Anorgasmia"! So went off them and got another type. Made me feel like a zombie. In the end I went off all anti depression meds. Best decision of my life. Adjusted my lifestyle for the better, have a good support network and do the things you love man. No more depression. Mindset is key. Without being too philosophical, don't look at the past or the future. The thoughts causes depression and anxiety. Just focus on right now. And count your blessings bro. Good luck .

I'd get the bloods first before you start ****ing with brain chemistry.

Doctors ****ing love a prescription.

Any other symptoms, fatigue, libido?

Could be any number of things including low T.

And what about external stressors?

You can throw drugs at a problem all you want but it doesn't fix the problem it just makes you numb to it.

Wait for the bloods before you start any course of action.

I'd get the bloods first before you start ****ing with brain chemistry.

Doctors ****ing love a prescription.

Any other symptoms, fatigue, libido?

Could be any number of things including low T.

And what about external stressors?

You can throw drugs at a problem all you want but it doesn't fix the problem it just makes you numb to it.

Wait for the bloods before you start any course of action.
I agree. As someone who was prescribed it, please do try to fix the problem with natural / psychological help first. Doctors do have a habit of willy nilly giving out medications which do affect brain chemistry.

Yes, I tried SSRI's years ago but they affected my junk. I couldn't cum! They even have a term for it. "Anorgasmia"! So went off them and got another type. Made me feel like a zombie. In the end I went off all anti depression meds. Best decision of my life. Adjusted my lifestyle for the better, have a good support network and do the things you love man. No more depression. Mindset is key. Without being too philosophical, don't look at the past or the future. The thoughts causes depression and anxiety. Just focus on right now. And count your blessings bro. Good luck
Thankyou legend, I appreciate this.

Cheers guys.
I appreciate all the feedback and I've taken it on board.

ill hold fire with the drugs.
I'll continue to speak with my psycologist
I'll see how the bloods turn out, and then I'll speak with my doctor accordingly.

Thanks again legends🫶..
What a great forum.

Back