PCT for var standalone cycle

Voake121

Registered
Hi,

I'm running a standalone Anavar cycle 7 weeks 20mg/day one dosage.

Just wondering if anyone's got advice on PCT, I was going to run 2 weeks of nolva as of when I finish the 7 weeks. Any advice on PCT timing/dosages/what to use would be appreciated.

Cheers

I wouldn’t recommend PTC after Var. 40 years ago var was it prescribed by sports physicians for young athletes so considered safe as a stand alone compound. 7 weeks should be ok but I taper dose first & last week for smoother transition. It’s not necessary but has always worked well in my experience. Check bloodwork weeks after stopping if you’re concerned

I wouldn’t recommend PTC after Var. 40 years ago var was it prescribed by sports physicians for young athletes so considered safe as a stand alone compound. 7 weeks should be ok but I taper dose first & last week for smoother transition. It’s not necessary but has always worked well in my experience. Check bloodwork weeks after stopping if you’re concerned
Ok thankyou! I’ve had great results so far, I’m up 7kg and have reduced body fat 2-3% (my estimate). I plan on having about 8 weeks off as well as getting bloods done 3-4 weeks once I’m done and then running the same thing with a test base 125-175mg/wk assuming blood work comes back all good.

Ok thankyou! I’ve had great results so far, I’m up 7kg and have reduced body fat 2-3% (my estimate). I plan on having about 8 weeks off as well as getting bloods done 3-4 weeks once I’m done and then running the same thing with a test base 125-175mg/wk assuming blood work comes back all good.
Seems sensible & you had great results so I’m assuming everything else is on point. You may want an extra month off so your natural system stays strong. I’ve had a lifetime of sensible cycles with long periods between- avoided AI & PCT so far .
It’s quite different with a test base. Best to do test only for first half then possibly add lower dose var into the mix for last 6 weeks. Seems to retain strength without bulk which is nice for athletes ( sports trt). Long term health benefits and permanent results are much easier & cheaper if you’re careful with first few years. Keep us updated with your progress

Seems sensible & you had great results so I’m assuming everything else is on point. You may want an extra month off so your natural system stays strong. I’ve had a lifetime of sensible cycles with long periods between- avoided AI & PCT so far .
It’s quite different with a test base. Best to do test only for first half then possibly add lower dose var into the mix for last 6 weeks. Seems to retain strength without bulk which is nice for athletes ( sports trt). Long term health benefits and permanent results are much easier & cheaper if you’re careful with first few years. Keep us updated with your progress
Awesome thanks for the advice. I ran var standalone because I looked into its medical use and I read about how it was used to regain muscle after surgery ect. Funnily enough I had surgery at the start of last year which coming up to I had lost 14kg so I thought it seemed appropriate considering my situation.

I see you said add var for the last 6 weeks after running lower dose T by itself. I like this idea, with this recommendation in mind would that mean ideally a 12wk cycle in total? Low dose of T for the first 6 weeks then add maybe 10mg/day var for the last 6?

From my personal research I saw a lot of people saying “there’s no point running var by itself” or “for men there’s no point doing less than 50mg” which is obscure to me because as long as my bloods check out after my cycle I’ve more than happy with the results.

Reactions: doc
10mg dose of Anavar is pretty conservative, but if you're happy with it, then there's no issue. Some guys do say that 50mg is the "sweet spot" but that’s mainly for those chasing bigger gains. If you’re good with your results and your bloods are looking solid then that’s what matters.

I see you said add var for the last 6 weeks after running lower dose T by itself. I like this idea, with this recommendation in mind would that mean ideally a 12wk cycle in total? Low dose of T for the first 6 weeks then add maybe 10mg/day var for the last 6?
Correct me if I'm wrong here @doc but what you're saying is, week 1 to 12 Test and week 6 to 12 add the var.

Reactions: doc
Awesome thanks for the advice. I ran var standalone because I looked into its medical use and I read about how it was used to regain muscle after surgery ect. Funnily enough I had surgery at the start of last year which coming up to I had lost 14kg so I thought it seemed appropriate considering my situation.

From my personal research I saw a lot of people saying “there’s no point running var by itself” or “for men there’s no point doing less than 50mg” which is obscure to me because as long as my bloods check out after my cycle I’ve more than happy with the results.
Correct ✅. Some go a little shorter or do test only cycle to see how you respond but trt doses should be fine. Var is great at low doses and stand alone , especially for fitness purposes. Don’t expect higher doses to add bulk- that’s not its job.

Back